synchronous USB/FAT32

Hello,

I have a device running linux 2.6.20.  It is connected over usb to a
linux host.  It's using the file_storage.c gadget driver loaded with a
ramdisk formatted as FAT32.  I mount the FAT32 ramdisk both on the
host (over USB) AND the device.  I want this FAT32 ramdisk to behave
as a shared medium.  That is, I want to coherently write files from
one side and read them on the other, kinda like NFS would work.  The
sync option to mount on both sides does not seem to be enough to
ensure this.  Any ideas? [NOTE: I've hacked the file_storage.c driver
to apply the O_SYNC flag to all writes and reads.]

Thanks,
Brian