Re: learning USB subsystems

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 08:05:31PM +0530, Manish Katiyar wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am new to linux kernel programming and want to learn the USB
> subsystem of linux kernel. I read various articles about writing
> simple USB drivers. As a starting point I want to write a simple
> module of my own which justs prints something when i plug in my 128mb
> memory stick. Any suggestions/links which i should read to understand
> this more better.

USB flash sticks are one of the most complex devices availble today.
They involve the scsi stack, the usb stack and the block layer.

I'd suggest trying something a little more simple, like some random usb
toy from the store.

Oh, and look at the usb-skeleton.c driver in the kernel if you want an
example to start with.

good luck,

greg k-h