Can anyone suggest an I/O application to test my block driver

Hi,

I am new to kernel-space and I have written a pseudo-driver on the lines of the Linux Device Drivers 3rd Edition by Alessandro Rubini, Greg-Kroah Hartmann, Jonathan Corbett.

Can you suggest a small useful application which  will make use of my driver and give me some useful information to the user-space application.

Need to complete the application in 2 days.

Right now I have written a program which just passes on the kernel virtual address , page to be transferred by printing address of bv_page, data transferred in sectors by using bio_sectors(bio). Do you think it’s a useful information which can be passed to the user space.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.patni.com

This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information for the sole use of the person or entity to whom this message was originally addressed. Any review, e-transmission dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error kindly delete this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, please notify us immediately at netadmin@xxxxxxxxx and delete this mail.