[XEN] What is difference between Xen build and kernel Kbuild ?

Hi,

[ Please Jump to 2. if you are not interested in Xen part. ]
(1)
I tried adding my code to Xen 3.1 under linux-2.6.18-sparse.
But I noticed there are not kconfigs and Makefiles at a lot of places.

I am puzzled how Xen build system will include my code [ if it does ].

As an experiment i tried generating the xen guest kernel source i.e
linux-2.6.18-xen.
I then added my code under net/foo/*
Added *.h files to include/net/foo/

Modified Makefile in net to consider files in net/foo/*
Added a new submenu option to Kconfig in net/ directory, which calls
Kconfig in /net/foo/ .

I wrote a Makefile for net/foo/ and created two .o object files from
the .c files in foo/ dir.

This Looked to me a normal thing to do when i am stuck.
I did
$make linux-2.6-xen-config CONFIGMODE="menuconfig"
and chose the new entry under NET->TESTING->FOO

doing a
$make linux-2.6-xen-build -j3 CC="ccache gcc" [-j and CC has no effect
on anything except speed].

i get error that -xen tree is dirty[tried running a touch on whole
linux-2.6.18-xen tree but no luck :(] and i need to run make mrproper.

This is exactly what i do not want to do now.

My question is does anyone know how to sort out this problem?

This extra pedantic behaviour from the Xen-3.1 build system is new to me.

Did anyone face such problem ever?

(2)
BTW even doing same with a standard kernel fscks up the linker script
somehow :-/.What do i need to do to shut the linker up and build the
kernel like it earlier did?

Any pointers of suggestion will be thankful.

TIA
--psr
--
play the game