Re: trying to clarify initramfs processing

It seems to me that the kernel will first search for init in the
initramfs file. If it doesn't find anything there it will boot up the
legacy init. If it finds a init there, the init is run (which in most
cases calls up the legacy init), When and exactly where initrd comes
in I am not sure. All I wanted to say is that the initernal ramfs
isn't unloaded anytime.

Regards,
duryodhan