browsing kernel source with emacs

Hello
How can I force emacs to show the list of tags to jump
to in case there are more than one symbol of a
specific name.

I tried the following tools but they don't work good
enough for me:

1. exuberant-ctags and etags with conjunction with
etags-select.
It works very slow. It would take more than 10 seconds
to show the tags choice list on Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

2. cscope in emacs is faster but it is very slow as
well. It takes about 3 seconds to generate the tags
choice list  (Pentium 4 2.4 GHz)

I'm aware of other tools: ecb, imenu, ebrowse etc. It
takes me to much time to check all of them.

I believe emacs is a very powerful editor and many
kernel developers use it and surely they don't spent a
few seconds every time they want to jump to the
function definition.

I tried vim with exuberant-ctags on the same machine.
It is awesome. It generates tags list at once (in 0.1
seconds).

Please tell me if there are any other tools that can
do that as quickly as vim.

Thank You for help