Re: which kernel debugger to use?

keshetti85-student@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Can anyone tell me which debugger is best for debugging the device drivers and
> how I can use it?

Actually, It depends on architecture, kernel etc.
  1) If you would like live debugging, You could use
          xmon(for ppc arch) kdb(extra patch has to be added for kernel.org)

In both the cases you will end up in a session when crash happens. And
you have continue debugging.

 2)  You could  even use crash dumping mechanism like kexec/kdump. which
 takes the dump when system crashes. Then you can use crash or gdb
utitlity on dump to debug.

3)  Kporbes,jprobes and kretprobes are useful. You could even use
systemtap tool.

Usage documents for these tools are available in Documentation dir of
kernel source or google for it.