Re: no vm86_info: BAD

Hi Rajat,
       This is still not clear to me. How would one test his driver meant for a physical hw which is not yet available. I thought I could raise the allocated interrupt to it, and can test the handler ?
Any clue on interpreting the error message "no vm86_info:BAD" ?

Another question -- How the IRQ lines are mapped to the physical devices ??? Well, I understand that most of the physical devices have fixed IRQ lines, but what about those which donot have these as fixed ones, eg. keyboard (I am not sure if this also has fixed). ... otherwise, what if I add a new card to my PC, what IRQ lines gets mapped to this ??
Alongwith answers, references any good text to such topics is very much appreciated :)

Thanks a lot!

On 4/29/07, Rajat Jain < rajat.noida.india@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/28/07, Unix learner < unix.kernellearn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>      Well even I thought so, but then how do I find out, which IRQ I can
> raise from sw ? from 32 onwards (till 255) ?

Although I would expect to find this out in Intel documentation, but I
think it is jusr INT 0x80 (system call).

Thanks,

Rajat