Re: USB probe for 3,1,2 USB HID mous device

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 09:22:52AM +0200, Peter Fodrek wrote:

> D?a Pi 13. Apr?l 2007 18:26 Jiri Kosina nap?sal:
> > On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, peto wrote:
> > > I would like to ask you, what is reason that my module registrated as
> > > USB HID device mouse was not reach entry point of function for probe
> > > callback
>
> > Please provide more information, namely the code of the module and also
> > more proper description of what you'd expect to happen.
>
> Code was witten by my student (We need someone who will be expert for drivre
> wrintng so we try to prepare student for such task) so I can not send you
> code just now.
>
> But situation is described like
>
> 1. We have USB HID compiled in kernel not module
> 2. We have registrated our module by usb_register(&usb_mouse_driver)  with
> usb_mouse_driver.id_table[] set as { {USB_INTERFAC_INFO(3,1,2), {}}
> and usb_mouse_driver.probe set to probe function inter,
>
> 3. probe function is never started but USB HID detects mouse a call its probe
> function
>
> Is this solvable?
> Why it is called just one probe function of the coresponding modules.

Because the hid driver grabs the device first as it was registered first
with the kernel.

Either disable the hid driver, or add your specific device type to the
blacklist in the hid driver.

Or manually bind and unbind the device from the driver and to your new
driver by using the sysfs bind and unbind files.

good luck,

greg k-h