Re: GPIO interrupt on PC ?

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:10:24AM +0200, Ramagudi Naziir wrote:
> I am writing a driver for a device that raises interrupts on a GPIO line.
>
> is there a way to write this driver on a PC ?

There is a generic GPIO framework in the make. Search the linux-kernel
mailing list archives.

> Maybe to connect the chip's GPIO to something and request its irq ?

Yes, the GPIO somehow needs to generate an IRQ. On most embedded
machines you can usually tell the GPIO controller you want that, on PC
you usually have to wire up something yourself.

> Do you know if someone already did this ?

Some 15 years ago. Intel 8255 programmable peripheral interface with
some glue logic wired to an ISA bus. I think I still have the card
somewhere, but it's hardly useful today anymore.

Erik

--
They're all fools. Don't worry. Darwin may be slow, but he'll
eventually get them. -- Matthew Lammers in alt.sysadmin.recovery