Re: Doubt regarding memory

Hey you guys,

i wanted to introduce myself since i just registered have been registered in the mailing list.
My name is Daniel and i am a student from Constance, Germany.
The  study is called "Information Engineering" and i really love it. Ok now the reason why i joined
this mailing list is the fact that i'd like to get some know-how about the Linux OS itself and especially
the whole talking about "the magic kernel". I would propose that my first step should be to buy myself
a book about the Kernel - so i searched all over the Internet but i could not really find a book that made
me sure that the money would be worth it.
Maybe you could give me the name of a very good one.
It's not like me having no idea about what Linux is or something - so i'm not an amazing supernewbie
but as i said i want to learn what is so special about the Linux Kernel that everybody knows Linus Pauling
or why it is necessary to know how to program Kernel.

Thanks for your help

Greetings from Germany