Re: list_entry() question

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Hareesh Nagarajan wrote:

> On 2/19/07, Srdjan Todorovic <todorovic.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > I'm converting some scsi driver to use the kernel list API, and have a
> > question regarding the list handling.
>
> I wrote a little article on linked list in the Linux kernel. You could
> check it out:
>  http://www.cs.uic.edu/~hnagaraj/articles/linked-list/
>
> Hareesh

I had a look and bookmarked it. I had suspected that linux/list.h could
be used in userpsace applications, but this is the first time I have seen
it.

I'm curious why you added the redo label and jumped to it with goto in
delete_all(). AFAICS, __list_for_each() would iterate through the list
and you remove each list_head from the list inside that loop. Once you
visit all list_heads in the list, the list should just have the
list_head that you created in main() with LIST_HEAD(fooHead). Maybe I'm
mistaken, but was your intention to re-init the list head?

Thanks for the link.

Srdjan