Re: ~/scripts/docproc.c permissin denied error while converting DocBook tmpl files to sgml

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 08:40:56PM -0800, Irfan Ahmed wrote:
> I want to to convert Documentation/DocBook/*.tmpl files into SGML.
> I have try to follow the following script but I got stuck when I run
> scripts/docproc.c. I got "permission denied" error.

Insufficient privileges to create a file or run a binary. Running make
with V=1 will show you what command failed.

> There is another file "docproc" in the ~/scripts directory. When I
> run that file I got the following message

Not "another file", it's the docproc needed for generating kernel
documentation.

> Usage: docproc {doc|depend} file
> Input is read from file.tmpl. Output is sent to stdout
> doc: frontend when generating kernel documentation
> depend: generate list of files referenced within file
>

> The script as follows
>   1 kernel-doc nano-HOWTO

This is the only thing you need to know:

>  36 - Makefile
>  37
>  38   The targets 'sgmldocs', 'psdocs', 'pdfdocs', and 'htmldocs' are used
>  39   to build DocBook files, PostScript files, PDF files, and html files
>  40   in Documentation/DocBook.

IOW: run "make psdocs" and it will generate PostScript documentation.

Erik

--
They're all fools. Don't worry. Darwin may be slow, but he'll
eventually get them. -- Matthew Lammers in alt.sysadmin.recovery