Re: to disable module loading...

On 2/13/07, Om Narasimhan <om.turyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I have to disable automatic module loading in RedHat 4.4 and in
Fedora5. How do I go about it?

My intention is to run the machine at runlevel 1 by passing kernel
parameter `single` to the command line. I need no modules to be loaded
at this stage. I created an initrd which takes out all `#modprobe
modulename`. But some modules like e1000.ko, ehci_hcd.ko and
ohci_hcd.ko are automatically loaded. I removed the corresponding
lines from /etc/modprobe.conf. No avail.

Where are these modules getting loaded from? They have no dependencies
in the modules.dep. No module depend on their loading as well.

May be, try disabling the loadable module support from the kernel altogether?

Thanks,

Rajat