Re: Re: printk in interrupt handlers?

On 2/9/07, Dong Feng <middle.fengdong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2007/2/10, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi...
>

> Thanks for sharing your finding, I really appreciate it. In fact, this
> is a quite new information for me too since once I also thought it was
> safe to call printk() in *any* context.

Perfectly suitable for *any* context is not possible. But I think
printk() is safe for most cases. After all, very very little piece of
kernel code will hold run queue lock and that piece of code is seldom
need to be debug.

Hi,

Just trying to summarize this ...

So it is safe to call printk every where EXCEPT where the runqueue
lock is held. And one of those nasty places is the schedule()
function.

Right?

Rajat