Re: Accessing a file from kernel space

Pharaoh . wrote:

I know that this should be avoided as much as possibleI know this must have been discussed here many times before, and I know the various ways I can read a file from my module. But I am not very sure what is the best way to do so. Let me list out my approaches ranging from very crude to standard ones which we read in books.

3. Using sysfs.

It'd be best to know what you're trying to do. But generally, pushing to the kernel from userspace (yeah, I know, twice the fun) is better than even remotely thinking about using sys_* from in-kernel. Rule is:

* If you're using sys_<insert function here>, it's wrong.

But tell us more about what you're trying to do. Do you just need a userspace library to parse some config data and shove it into the kernel or do you need a high performance, high throughput data stream for some highly reliable hardware acquisition system?

Jon.