Re: how to empty cache

Ye ilho wrote:
Dear Erik,

Thank you for your reply. I checked out /proc directory but I don't
see 'drop_caches'
So I looked up online and it said that this was added in 2.6.16 but my
kernel is 2.6.11. Do you by any chance know how to configure with
2.6.11? I could not find any information to do this. Thank you.

If you have a really good reason to use an old kernel, you
could always spend the time to backport the cache flushing
code from 2.6.16...

If you are working on code that you would like to see in
the upstream kernel one day, it is usually best to just
work on the latest kernel you can find on kernel.org.

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is.  Each group