Re: SCSI driver programming guide.

Have you looked thru Documentation/scsi in the source tree?

and the old 2.4 howto (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/)

I don't think SCSI has had any drastic changes since 2.6 so I am not
aware of any major 2.6 based documentation.  If it exists it should be
referenced by something in Documentation/scsi.

Greg