Re: Career Path

On 10/30/06, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I am Kaushal Shriyan, working as Tech Support Engineer for AOL in INDIA,
having worked earlier for Red Hat Inc, I am an ardent fan of Linux and
more than that I love Ubuntu Linux, Its simply great and awesome and
also the logo means "Linux for Human Beings" is simply astounding.
I am RHCE with 100% Marks.

Just wanted to know which area on Linux OS is a good choice to grow in
my profession. I mean is it Kernel Development (Device Driver Program
or Linux sys admin or anything other field. Learning python in my free
time is a hobby

First off, learn C really, really well. Get used to complex,
multithreaded, locked, mutexed, semaphored programming with shared
data, and IPC. Once you've done that, you'll understand a lot more
about How It Works, and you can much more easily start playing with
Kernel programming, if that's still what you want to do. The kernel is
entirely C (well, plus arch-specific assembly), and the majority of
things you use everyday on Linux are written in C, so C is a very good
place to start.

HTH-

James

I know this is an Off Topic, sorry about that, But if you can point me
to a correct
resource, it would be great

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal Shriyan