Re: Career Path

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 01:20:54PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Just wanted to know which area on Linux OS is a good choice to grow in
> my profession. I mean is it Kernel Development (Device Driver Program
> or Linux sys admin or anything other field. Learning python in my free
> time is a hobby

Your question is too generic for someone else to answer for you.

I suggest that you not start with the kernel first.

Get your hands dirty using linux and learning man pages and understanding the UNIX philosophy.

Further down the line maybe a year or two later you can start learning kernel programming and find out if it interests you.

Simply because it is kernel programming it does not have to be cool. There are so many cool problems to solved elsewhere too.

Just follow your instinct and discover where your interests really lie.

Experience and learning are the only way to find the answer to this question.

Best of luck to you!

regards,
Girish