Re: About result of rt/hrt patch, is it reasonable?

On 11/3/06, Mark Hounschell <dmarkh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well the reason you don't really see much difference between the hrt and the rt
is because your not really stressing your machine at the same time you run this.
All you are really seeing is the high-res timer capabilities added to your
kernel. As you probably know the rt patch does contain the hrt patch set. For a
"maybe" better or more stressing test of your system you might see

ftp://ftp.compro.net/public/rt-exec

Hi, Mark

Do you mean that when under trivial load, rt/hrt will almost behavior the same,
while rt will get significantly better result under high load because of its
latency optimazations?

Yes I know that hrt already merged into rt patch set, and I did have rt-exec
on my machine, too. I will do some furthur study and thanks for your pointing
out.

Thanks,
D.L.