Re: splint giving error message

Hi Nish,

I came to know about splint while going through the doc at kernelnewbie.org.
i couldn't find any forum dedicated for "splint".i know this is not related with *kernel*,but thought that most of the people here would have used this utility,so thought i would get some help over here.
Anyway in future i'll be more careful while sending my querries to this mailing list.

Thanks,
~amit

On 10/18/06, Nish Aravamudan <nish.aravamudan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/18/06, amit mehta <amit4g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
>  The small stupid piece of code is:
>   1 /* program to find the return status*/
>        2 #include< stdio.h>
>        3 #include<stdlib.h>
>        4 #include<unistd.h>
>        5 int main(void)
>        6 {
>        7     exit(0);
>        8 }
>
>  while using "splint" for checking coding errors, i got the following error
> message:
>  exit.c:3: Include file <unistd.h> matches the name of a POSIX library, but
> the
>      POSIX library is not being used.  Consider using +posixlib or
>      +posixstrictlib to select the POSIX library, or -warnposix to suppress
> this
>      message
>  Header name matches a POSIX header, but the POSIX library is not selected.
>
>  Finished checking --- 1 code warning
>
>  As mentioned above this error message can be removed by using +posixlib
> switch as:
>  $ splint +posixlib exit.c

I think you should do the -warnposix bit, actually, but whatever. How
in the world is this at all *kernel* related? Find the right mailing
list for your questions, please.

Thanks,
Nish