directory creation using udev

Hi all
I tried writing my own script in /etc/udev/rules.d , it works great i
must say, thanks Greg for udev :).
My problem is i want to create a directory permanently in /dev/ like may be
/dev/mydir
and then add nodes to /dev/mydir according to my udev rules.

Can i do it somehow with udev only?
I mean i dont want to end up writing a program ,build its binary and
give its path to my 10-sampleudev.rules .

Is it somehow possible even to create directories directly using udev(
even if they are created and removed with attaching and removing my
device )

Any pointers wil be appreciated
TIA

Regards