Re: proposed outline for kernelHacking wiki page

On 9/14/06, Gaurav Dhiman <gauravd.chd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/14/06, Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> suman adak wrote:
>
> > Yes i am ready to work. guide me. I have written one outline for this
> > wiki pages.
>
> Looks like a great start to me!
>
> > I have attached  here...guide me for further modification.. how i will
> > proceed ? or what should i have to do now?
>
> Since the document could end up being too big for one wiki
> page, it is probably best to create a new section on the
> site (like FAQ) and have sub-pages inside it for each of
> the sections.
>
> I'll try to help write some parts of the guide.

Great !!
I think its fairly a good start, we have some sections clearly defined
to start with. As the document goes on we can further expand the
sections which are undefined (add on) right now.

Also I think, people who are interested in writting up some of the
sections of this document, should first own the section by declaring
it on this mailing list (we can continue with this mail chain to track
the owners and the sections they are owning,or should creat some
sperate chain just for this tracking purpose).

if it is new writing section , then let them to write in directly to wiki pages and
just informed to list about the addition. If it is modification, then they could fisrt tell to list
that what kind of modification he is going to change. So it will be alwayes less overhead for
admin and also users.

Owning the section would reduce the duplicate effort as well as everybody will know who
is the owner of which section and can patch up with the owner to add
to the section.If anybody feels document is something missing and he
can provide some good inputs, create your own section and own it as
well as declare it on tracking mail.

If it seems decent model to start off, I think we should start owning
the section. For adding to kernelnewbies, one should have a log-in on
it. Well, I can write a section on interrupt handling and
synchronization mechanisum  available in kernel.

Sure!! Best of luck

regards,
Gaurav