Re: Faster kernel boot

Use initng:

http://initng.thinktux.net

--
Jeronimo Zucco
LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certified
Núcleo de Processamento de Dados
Universidade de Caxias do Sul

http://jczucco.blogspot.com

Mounir Bakkali wrote:
Hi everyone,

I noticed something after buying several laptops.
With the same configuration/installation of Linux, the kernel boot time
is really different and it looks like that it depends on the architecture
and probably more about the hard disk.

(When I talk about "kernel boot", I talk about these plots (like this ---> ".........")
coming when Linux boots)

I have a 7200rpm hard disk and it takes about 20-25 seconds just to "print" that
plots.
The boot image is about 2.6MB and I guess that the image should be loaded on cache and then get executed but it looks like that it's loading while executing.

Does anyone knows how to accelerate that kernel boot up? Any idea?

Thanks,
Best regards,

Mounir Bakkali