Re: overhead of process/task_struct in POSIX threads- why?

I don't think so.

Look at the results.

Here are the results of "top".

Before running above program,
total process = 35
sleeping process = 34,
running = 1.

After running about program,
total process = 41
sleeping process = 39,
running = 2.

total processes are incresed by 6, when I created 4
threads.
4 threads, 1 current while(1) loop and other 1 is
goast.

As Ritesh explained in the mail chain, that it uses a
helper thread to do this. I'll confirm the glib
version and let all know about the weirdness.

Parav