Re: Ring 0 Protection ?

On 7/6/06, Tharindu Rukshan Bamunuarachchi <tharindub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

AFAIK, This is only applies to virtualization context. I think Xen uses
this, if i am not wrong.

I thought Gaurav was asking about "traditional" ring zero.

I was not asking .... rather telling about tradition ring 0 ... :-)
well what is this ring 0 for vm and how it is different from tradition
ring 0. As the mode of processor is defined by 2 LSB bits of CS
register, how is this ring 0 for VM represented there and what
previlieges are restriced in this ??

regards,
Gaurav

Regards,