[RFC] Network Transport Protocol - TCPXM

Hi.

I'm implementing a reliable multicast transport protocol called TCP-XM
(created by Karl Jeacle at Cambridge). The current implementation is
done in userspace using lwIP stack. I'm trying to implement it on the
linux kernel.

The protocol can send packets using two methods:
a) multicast emulation over unicast
b) native IP multicast

The multicast emulation over unicast works well in the tests. But I'm
having some trouble while sending the same unicast packet using native
IP multicast.

What is the best way to send a IP packet to a multicast address after
sending it to a unicast address?

Is it calling ip_build_and_send_pkt from my tcpxm_transmit_skb function?

Or is it creating a function called tcpxm_mc_sendmsg which will create
a sk_buff and send it down till the IP layer through a different
execution path?

Or is it by another idea?

Thanks in advance for the help.

--