Re: [patch 01/20] chardev: GPIO for SCx200: spring cleaning

On 12/06/06, Jim Cromie <jim.cromie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(hoping this threads as a reply. t-bird doesnt get a copy from gmail)

I plan to attach my patches, since this list seems ok w that practice.
If thats inconvenient, pls let me know, Im happy to accommodate a
reviewer :-)

Attached patches are quite inconvenient compared to inline ones IMHO.

It's a lot easier to just press reply, quoting the original mail with
the patch and then comment on parts. Instead of having to first save
an attachment, open the file with some editor, cut'n'paste the patch
to a reply mail, quote it, then add comments...yuck..

Also, being able to just save a mail with a patch inline is nice since
it let's you apply the patch easily ('patch' strips the non-patch
bits) and keeps any comments in the same file. Nicer than having to
save two files, one being the attached patch, the other being the
accompanying email (or having to spend time merging the two).

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html