Re: controlling LED's on USB flash drives

On 6/12/06, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 10:05:49AM -0600, Ed Santiago wrote:
> [ This is a very late followup to a thread from April:
>
>    http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/2006-04/msg00287.html ]
>
> Relevant context is:
>
>   >> Well, Greg, the reason I was asking was because I wanted to know if the LED
>   >> of my drive could be switched off when I umount it. In windows I noticed that
>   >> the LED is switched off when the drive is ready to be unplugged. Is it that they
>   >> might be removing power to the drive? Could we acheive a similar result?
>   >
>   >Yes, Windows is removing power to that specific port.
>
> Question: is it possible to achieve LED-off through another means?

For _all_ devices?  I really doubt it, as they vary so much.  But try
digging through the SCSI spec to see if there is such a command to do
just that.

good luck,

greg k-h

hi Greg, will you please tell me how SCSI is related to USB. isn't
SCSI another interface? is USB host controller using SCSI interface
code?