Re: Help on installation

On 6/3/06, Sanal Vasudevan Nair <san.kernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I needed a help.

I need a coffee and some professional help, but I'll start with the coffee.

Currently i have downloaded FC-5 and i have stored it on my harddisk.
I dont have a CD-Writer to burn the contents onto any CD's. I want to
install FC-5 from harddisk. Please help me, i am going mad , cannot
find a way to install it from harddisk. PLease help.

It's certainly not a supported option, BUT you could actually achieve
this by using qemu. You can either install in an emulated machine that
way (even in theory under M$) or install in a virtual machine that's
backed onto a physical disk - I'm sure people on fedoraproject.org can
come up with other even more evil ideas.

I'm suggesting this because you're on the kernelnewbies mailing list,
so presumably already are pretty interested in playing with weird and
fun stuff :-) Failing that, it'll be easier to just burn the discs or
mail order them from a cheap online reseller (contact your local LUG,
they'll know where to go).

Jon.