Re: regarding kernel error before it hangs

Hi Manjunath,

While  working with the driver, sometimes the kernel hangs. The kernel doesn't report any log messages ( error messages) on the console nor in the  /var/log/messages . So I am not  able to find the reason for kernel hang.

I want to know wether this problem might be with s/w or h/w.  If the problem is with s/w , i assume that kernel will definetly report some error message.

Am i right ?

Pl help me and correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks
Sudheer

Manjunath_Naik wrote:

Can you elaborate more on this? Whether the kernel does not log anything to system logs or not?