Re: Disabling IRQs

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 04:02:21PM +0530, Sandeep Kumar wrote:
> I dont have an exact idea, what happens internally. But these
> interrupts are time realted events and handling it sometimes later,
> doesnt makes sense.

Well, but it's necessary to handle them at some time. If I understand you
correctly, your point is that the hardware device itself (not the PIC or
the kernel) should decide when to resend the interrupt -- this sounds
reasonable to me.

> It would be something like " Placing an order for the food that you
> want to eat after two days ".

I think it's more like "Placing an order for the food you want to eat
immediately but being forced to wait some time for the waiter to serve." :)

Cheers!
Erik

--
Erik Scharwaechter