Re: A question about /usr/include/linux

On 5/19/06, MHD.Tayseer Alquoatli <idoit.ief@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/18/06, Fawad Lateef <fawadlateef@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, /usr/include/linux won't come with kernel-<version>.tar.gz,
> rather they came with glibc or other user space libraries (basically
> provided by distribution)

Thanks Fawad and sorry for jumping in the discussion .. but how to provide
include files in /usr/linux/include which is provided by the distribution ?
take the case i'm building root file system for an embedded system ?

I think am not able to understand your question correctly; If you are
asking for how to provide include files found in /usr/include/linux
for specific embedded system then I am not 100% sure about it, but I
know that /usr/include/ directory contains 'header files' needed for
compiling user space source code and /usr/include/<package_name>
provides application specific header files. So, /usr/include/linux
actually provides header-files for applications dealing with Linux
Kernel and if you embedded system or processor supports running Linux
then you can use those found in your normal distribution (might be
provided with the tool-chain specific for that embedded system). If
your embedde system provides support for running applications
exclusively on processor (means only single application running on
embedded system like any dos/assembly/batch program) then header-files
support depends on the tool-chains of embedded system only which might
support normal c library functions (like glibc).

--
Fawad Lateef