Re: Need for tutorials

taha hafeez wrote:

Hi

I have been following the mailing list for more than one month and I
would like to share my point of view.

I feel (may be i am wrong!!!) that there is a need for tutorials to help
build the basis for the newbies so that they are competent enough to
understand the mailing list....

There is lot of assumption going on(about the knowledge of the "kernel
newbies") when a mail is answered.

If we present the basic tutorials, a newbie like me can take a month or
two to go through them and then join the list.

This will also set the standard for the level of the explanation
required to answer a question.

I always thought there will be more "friendly" material on linux than on
windows. Although for administration of linux one finds a lot of
material but for a programmer one finds himself in a group of highly
skilled programmers lacking an expression (sorry to be rude!!).

regards
taha

:-), I am a kernel newbie too.
But I think you can find some good, basic books. For example,
Linux kerenl developement, Understanding linux kernel, Linux device driver.
In fact, I begin to read these books.