RE: Simulating the REMOVABLE media - Could any one please suggest me.

Mohanlal Wrote:
> #./a.out
> #./a.out
> Open failed
> #./a.out
> Open failed
You can remove the following statement from the application and compile
the application then run the ./a.out. It should not fail.
--- ioctl(fd,REMOVE_MOUNTED_DISK);

Bye the bye, what is your kernel version?

> As I said, I didn't mount the device. Could you tell me exact steps
you
> followed to make fs and mount?

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem at our end.
1) Build the sbd.ko file using the Makefile (make)
2) Load (insert) the module into the kernel space (insmod sbd.ko)
3) wait a few milli seconds to create the device node and format the
device (mke2fs /dev/sbd0)
4) mount the device (mount /dev/sbd0 /mnt)
5) copy some files into the mount point (cp *.c /mnt)
6) un mount the device (umount /mnt OR umount /dev/sbd0)
7) then again, mount the device (mount /dev/sbd0 /mnt)
8) remove the mounted device (compile the app.c file [cc app.c] then run
the ./a.out which will remove the mounted device) You can easily
understand by seeing the code.
9) cd /mnt
10) run ls (which shows the errors messages - see attachment mes_log
file)
11) run again ls - console crash

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas G