Re: How Does Interrupt Handler works in this case?

Le 11-04-2006, Manjunath Naik <peter.desouzain@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to Linux internals.
>
> I have some query regarding resource synchronization between the interrupt
> handler and the current process who is using the resource.
>

> I have typical scenario in which the both current running process and the
> interrupt handler shared the some buffer. when the current running process
> is running in kernel mode and accessing the buffer. during that time the
> interrupt has arrived. How the operating system(linux) is going to handle
> this scenario?
>
> Thanks
> Manjunath

This is a well know and frequent problem in computer science : it's
called concurrency.

Have a look at the link :

http://lwn.net/images/pdf/LDD3/ch05.pdf

It explains briefly the concurrency problem and the solution linux
implements to resolve this problem.