How Does Interrupt Handler works in this case?

Hi all,

I am new to Linux internals.

I have some query regarding resource synchronization between the interrupt handler and the current process who is using the resource.

I have typical scenario in which the both current running process and the interrupt handler shared the some buffer. when the current running process is running in kernel mode and accessing the buffer. during that time the interrupt has arrived. How the operating system(linux) is going to handle this scenario?

Thanks
Manjunath