Re: Attempting to kill init!

Hi Rik,

Rik van Riel wrote:
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Manav Kataria wrote:

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Try reading the lines just above the kernel panic.

That was my first attempt.

The page scrolls up too fast so I am unable to get any info. The final screen is filled up with the stack trace (If you want i can send you that next time) I am unable to break the print flow before the trace. I tried using pause/break but no effect.

I went thru a few comments on the web about attempting to kill init. some had a RAM problem some had a file (/sbin/init) missing. But I have a perfectly running XP. Also the system is not yet on the disk so these should not be the case.

Will post something as soon as I find it.

Thanks for the reply,
Manav.