Re: How to know Interrupt priority with APIC

Hi,

I have a question about this article.

http://osdever.net/tutorials/apicarticle.php?the_id=54

The author wrote : "Conventionally, from highest to lowest priority,
the IRQ's go 0,1,2,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,3,4,5,6,7. You can assign the
vectors to the IRQ's in that order or any order you wish. Whichever IRQ
you give the highest vector number to will be the highest priority,
etc. I just stuck with the conventional assignment as I can't think of
any reason not to."

Does the author right ?  With to old PIC, priorities go 0 to 15 why
that change with APIC for uniprocessor ?

Last question, how can I get the interrupt vector in order to know the
priority assignment that Linux choose?

Best regards,
Eric