Re: UML user mode linux

First of all be aware that UML has some bugs like not waiting on some
break points and just continuing.
I wonder if that would be useful for you.
Give kdb a shot instead.
And what exactly is it that you want to do?
What file system? What features?
One suggestion could be to study could be
1) Read ULK
2) Put log messages in the write path and read path
3) use kdb and put break points at lets say a) mount FS b) read a
page/block c) write to a page/block
After this you will be pretty comfortable with file systems..and
should then give implementing a shot...

If you have not already done these things then do not rush into anything.
If you have done it..then ignore this and surge into implementation.

Regards,
Surbhi.