    > There's an option in
    > make menuconfig
    >
    > Kernel Config >
    >     Processor Options >
    >         Enable ICHACHE
    >         Enable DCACHE
    >
    > Regards,
    > Manav

    CMIIW, but I thought was for inode cache and dentry cache.
    Of course, my assumption was purely on the names starting wih I and D
    repectively..... and I don't have a Linux box right now to go and
    check it out

these options are under the processor options so they are not the inode/dentry cache AFAIR those are cache architectures .. ICACHE stands for instruction cache and DCACHE stands for Data cache CMIIW
thanks
Yes that is true. ICACHE here is Instruction Cache, and DCACHE stands for Data Cache. And they function as their name suggests. Can you throw some light on inode/dentry cache and their functions please.

Thanks,
Manav