Re: modules linkage problem

Hi Arun...

> When I do "make" , I have my foo.o and func.o compiled. But, when I
> do $insmod ./foo.o it says :
> undefined reference to func1();
> undefined reference to func2();
>
> Why are the 2 functions(in func.o) still not being linked to my
> foo.o. Please help.

Looking briefly on the codes and the Makefile, both looks fine. I think,
what you expect is func.o being loaded first (automatically) and that
didn't happen.

I think this situation can be solved by using depmod and modprobe.
Consult the manual pages of those tools to find out how to use it. The
key here is to generate dependency map and allow modprobe to solve your
dependency (I guess).

regards

Mulyadi