Re: PCI DMA - Where to specify destination address (IO address)

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 08:09 -0800, munees waran wrote:
> I want to transfer data from DPRAM (which is connected to PCI card) to
> kernel memory using DMA. So, I started looking into dma contrller
> usage (8237).
> I got confused. PCI card only indicates data availability in DPRAM. So
> driver will transfer data from DPRAM to kernel memory using DMA. Here
> driver should initiate the transfer.
>
> If possible, send me the sample code (whatever may memory to io or io
> to memory.

unless your PCI board has a DMA engine on board, this is not possible.
(afaik the 8237 can only do dma in the lower 16Mb address space, which
is rather boring nowadays and not too useful)

Well unless you have an experimental Intel chipset with IOAT feature,
but unlike you work for Intel (:-) ) you're unlikely to have that.