generic question on API testing

I am into testing some APIs written for device drivers. Right now, I am testing each API alone and not the driver as a whole.i.e., unit test the APIs and see it is achieving the functionality it is supposed to.

Most of the APIs just accept input paramerters as pointers. So my test cases come down to something like the following:

1) Pass valid memory addresses and try to read the data from tht address.
2) Passing NULL pointers to see if it breaks.

Is there any other test cases I could add to it? Please gimme your suggestions.

--
"There are 10 people in the world - those who understand binary and those who dont !"