Re: Ethernet Checksum

Hi all
I am reading a socket using SOCK_PACKET, the
driver strips off the checksum from the packet ,
If driver is stripping off and not implementing CHECKSUM_HW, I think you can't get it. Some drivers implements CHECKSUM_HW and store the checksum in skb->csum before stripping. I am not sure if you can get that in user space.

Is there any option can be passed to driver to
include the  checksum and push it to packet User
Space ?
By the way, why you want to read this checksum in user space. This checksum is frame checksum and ensures packet has not been corrupted between transmission and reception. And that has been varified.

Regards,
Mohanlal

--
Krishna P