Re: fragmentation && blocks "realloc"

On 1/23/06, Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Note that the buffers from the block device address space mapping are
> COMPLETELY separate from the buffers from a file inode address space
> mapping.  So writes from one are NOT seen in the other and you NEVER can
> mix the two forms of i/o and expect to have a working file system.  You
> will get random results and tons of weird data corruption that way.

Thanks a lot, this is clear for me several important things.

> That depends entirely in which function you are / which call path you are
> in at present.  Taking minix as an example, tell me the call path where
> you end up wanting to do the above and I will tell you where to get the bh
> from...  (-:

I told about 2.6.15.

in fs/minix/bitmap.c there is minix_new_block we come in it from get_block in
fs/minix/itree_common.c.

After analizing blocks<->file I want move some blocks to another location
and update page cache correspondingly, what should I do?