Re: System hangs when kdb is invoked.

Resending to kenelnewbies only due to mail delivery failure !

On 1/20/06, Rajaram Suryanarayanan <rajaram_linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lateef, thanks for sharing with me the details you know. That ctrl+Alt+F2
> was for switching to a pseudo terminal, not a kdb command. What do you mean
> by "single console" ?

Ya, I know what Ctrl+Alt+F2 do; I mean to say that when your system
enters in kdb it will accepts key-presses and commands related to kdb
only, and that terminal switching command is obviously not related to
kdb :) And by saying single console I mean that in kdb you can get
prompt on the current terminal/console and won't able to switch to
another terminal until you release the kdb using go command !

> btw..I have not got the answer to my primary question "why does my system
> hang after displaying the kdb prompt , when I press the Pause button ?"

When you press Alt+Pause then your system went into kdb and then hangs
(not accepting any key press) ? If yes, then this might be your kenel
configuration and kdb compatibility problem, try to recompile with
some changes in kernel configuration especially in kernel hacking
options.

I gave that much detail because I thought that you are saying system
hangs or not accepting commands like terminal switching etc on kdb
prompt but __accepting__ key-presses !

--
Fawad Lateef

--