Re: writing device driver for USB MOUSE

A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post
Q: Were do I find info about this thing called top-posting?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:12:31AM -0800, mayank rana wrote:

> Thanks for ur reply.
> Actually I studied the USB stack and architecture. I am also referring
> usbmouse.c. but I want to write USB mouse driver for one particular
> company product.

And it doesn't follow the USB standard for mice?

> Yaa You are right , usb mouse driver is already there  in linux source
> code, But I want to learn the art of  writing device driver and so I
> started this project as my academic  project.

Ok, good luck.

> Sanjay kumar....You are wrong. Actually the driver which is part of
> device is called "usb  gadget driver", I am writing drive for host
> point of view. I don't know try to search on Google.

No.

Where is the driver that you are writing running on?  Is it running on
the machine that you plug the mouse into?  If so, then you are writing a
normal USB driver and all of the documentation that is out there
pertains to you.

If your driver is running on the CPU that is in the mouse itself, then
you are writing a USB Gadget driver.

Which is it?

thanks,

greg k-h