Re: writing device driver for USB MOUSE

Thanks for ur reply.
Actually I studied the USB stack and architecture. I am also referring usbmouse.c. but I want to write USB mouse driver for one particular company product. Yaa You are right , usb mouse driver is already there  in linux source code, But I want to learn the art of writing device driver and so I started this project as my academic project.

Sanjay kumar....You are wrong. Actually the driver which is part of device is called "usb  gadget driver", I am writing drive for host point of view. I don't know try to search on Google.

regards,
_-_Mayank Rana_-_
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge."
sanjay kumar <xs2sanjay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/17/06, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 08:39:06AM -0800, mayank rana wrote:
> > hi to all
> >
> > I am working on writing device driver for USB mouse. Now I studied
> > the architecture of USB mouse , i.e Configuration,Interface,Endpoint.
> > I am also able to detect USB mouse using my code. I am not getting
> > how to write probe function which is basically used for initializing
> > above parameters. If somebody is able to tell me flow of probe
> > funcation, I am very grateful to him.
>
> Have you read the USB documentation that is included in the kernel
> source tree? Look in Documentation/DocBook/usb and writing_usb_driver
> (but the writing file is a bit out of date.)
>
> Also, the third edition of Linux Device Drivers (free online) has a
> whole chapter all about USB that you should look at.

The usb device driver for a mouse will be a "usb gadget driver". Am i
correct in my understanding.
The device driver book says, that it does not cover "usb gadget
drivers", so where to look for pointers for writing "usb gadget
driver" apart from the kernel source.

Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/

Yahoo! Photos